As a pharmacist, our job is to educate our patients about best practices and properly using their medication. We check drug interactions, will walk you through the new prescription your doctor just wrote, and sometimes, we’ll even deliver you medication to you. (Perks of a local pharmacy!)
But what is often overlooked, is our patients supplements. We recently did a Facebook Live video about our top three supplements that we recommend. David, our owner and one of the pharmacists on staff talked about the importance of taking a daily supplement and presented three.
- Vitamin D3
- Important for absorption of calcium
- Support a healthy immune system
- 2,000-5,000 IU daily
- Tablets, soft gels and liquids are available!
- Fish Oil
- Beneficial for inflammation
- Supports brain health
- 1,000 mg daily
- Buy a high quality fish oil – others have too many bad fats
- Look for one that has a wide range of vitamins and minerals
- Better quality = not as hard pressed which allows better absorption
If you have any questions about what vitamins you should be taking, interactions with current medications, or would like to learn more, stop by the pharmacy to speak with our on-site pharmacists!